1. A: What were you doing when the accident occurred?
B: I was trying to change a light bulb that had burnt out.
2. After I found the wallet full of money, I went to the police and turned it in immediately.
3. The doctor said that Tom was too sick to go to work and that he needed to stay at home for a couple of days.
4. Sebastian arrived at Susan's house a little before 9:00 PM, but she werenot there. She was studying for her final examination in French at the library.
5. Sandy is in the living room watching television. At this time yesterday, she was also watching television. That's all she ever does!
1. I did morning exercises.
2. He worked at a factory.
3. She slept after dinner.
4. We worked part-time.
5. They drank tea every day.
6. Mike was a student.
7. Helen had a car.
8. You were a good friend.
9. You were good friends.
10. It was difficult to remember everything.